I had a member approach me at a meeting and asked what items I generally travel with on my motorcycle. I figured I would share this as a safety tip, so here are my best suggestions:
- Microstart or another brand lithium jumpstart battery.
- Good motorcycle tool kit. I own a Cruz Tools Kit for American bikes. It comes in a nylon pouch.
- Electrical Tape/Duct Tape
- Zip ties of various sizes. It’s amazing what you can use them for.
- Spare bottles of water/beef jerky/powdered Pedialyte
- Rain Suit
- Spare sunglasses/clear glasses for night riding.
- Tire gauge
- Cell phone charging cord for lighter or 12volt outlet (If you have one on your bike)
- Needle nose pliers
- First Aid kit (One that includes antiseptic/painkiller for bee stings)
- CAT Tourniquet
- Sunblock/chapstick/eye drops
- Microfiber towels
- Bottle of bug remover (Purple Slice) This is generally when I’m on long distance multi-day trips.
- LED flashlight (Preferably one that has a magnet on it) or better yet an LED headlamp you wear.
- Bungee cords.
- A cigarette lighter
- Bike cover
- Tire plug kit.
Keep in mind this is a basic list – use your best judgment when determining what you may need for your motorcycle ride. Obviously this list may change based on how far you are riding. I always carry a leather motorcycle riding jacket, chaps and winter riding gloves no matter where I go during summer months just in case weather conditions change suddenly.
Until next month, Ride Safe!